TRUCK MECHANIC VACANCY
Sidoman Investment Limited is a transportation and logistics company situated in Mombasa and operating throughout East Africa. We are looking to Hire a Truck Mechanic to join our young and vibrant team.
If you are skilled with your hands and passionate about truck service and repair, you will be an excellent fit for this position. This is an exceptional position for someone with a positive attitude, excellent technical skills and the desire to succeed.
• Perform routine maintenance on trucks, such as checking batteries and changing oil to ensure proper vehicle running
• Inspect various parts of trucks, including brake systems, wheel bearings and steering mechanisms to ensure they are in the proper condition to operate effectively
• Use different tools and equipment, such as pressure gauges, pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, screwdrivers, hoists and jacks, to repair trucks while constantly utilizing safety precautions
• Diagnose malfunctions in defective equipment by inspecting and testing using devises such as motor analyzers, handheld computers and chassis charts to determine how to address problems
• Test drive vehicles to ensure they are running properly and to find issues to determine what the solution will be
• Replace parts, valves, bearings and gears as needed and repair vehicle cooling and heating systems
• Measure vehicle emissions to ensure they are in the proper limits
• Ensure parts conform to factory specifications by inspecting and verifying clearances and dimensions
Job Skills & Qualifications
• High school education or equivalent
• Must be able to lift heavy equipment and parts regularly
• Good Team Player
• Must be comfortable with working in awkward positions or cramped spaces
• Available to carry out emergency support response to drivers over long distances and sometimes at odd hours.
• Technical certification or degree
• Experience working with diagnostic computers
• Previous experience as a long distance truck mechanic
Interested applicants should send their applications indicating current and expected salary and an updated CV with names and contact details of three referees to the undersigned, not later than 15th March 2019:
The Human Resources Manager, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SIDOMAN INVESTMENT LIMITED is an Equal Opportunity Employer