We are looking to a hire a Customs Declarations Officer to join our young and vibrant team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shipment Documentation
- Confirmation/verification of received shipment documents.
- Advising on additional information /documents required.
- Confirmation of invoices to ensure values tally with customs valuation for similar items.
- Confirmation and advice on HS Codes to be used for IDF/ entries.
- Ensure documents in files are correct and in order.
- Customs Declaration of all cargo.
- Advising company and clients in respects to declaration.
- Monitoring of lodged entries and taking necessary actions as required.
- Ensure timely resolving of declaration issues with authorities.
- Attend meetings and forums especially those related to Customs Documentation.
- Follow up of shipment tickets with KPA/ CFS.
- Liaising with Finance/Clients for payments of taxes and shipment costs
- Timely cancellation of security bonds.
- Proper records of bonds in effect and those cancelled.
- Ensure forwarding clerks have all required documents for clearance of cargo at KPA, CFS & KRA.
- Occasionally be involved in verification and physical clearance of shipments at KPA, CFS & KRA.
- Advice management on improvement areas to help realize growth.
- Be conversant with the general forwarding office administration roles such as filling.
- Be involved in training and supervision of trainees.
- Timely submission of monthly Declaration Report to Operations Manager.
- Any other duties assigned by the Management from time to time.
- Minimum level of education: Vocational
- Years of experience: 3
- Language(s): English
Knowledge: Must be well versed with registration of entries in the KRA2 SIMBA system
- Location: Mombasa
Interested applicants should send their applications indicating current and expected salary and an updated CV with names and contact details of three referees to the undersigned, not later than 15th November 2018:
The Human Resources Manager, email address: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SIDOMAN INVESTMENT LIMITED is an Equal Opportunity Employer